Liên Kết Ngoài

Thứ Ba, 10 tháng 11, 2015

Dùng màu sắc để miêu tả sự việc...

Tiếng Anh có nhiều cụm từ ẩn dụ thú vị chứa màu sắc, ví dụ "in back and white" có nghĩa tương tự như "giấy trắng mực đen" trong tiếng Việt. Tin nhanh 



Black sheep (of the family) - a person who has done something bad that brings embarrassment or shame to his or her family

Example: She never went to college, she’s the black sheep of the family

Catch someone red-handed - discover someone while they are doing something bad or illegal

Example: He was caught red-handed while trying to steal a car

Bản dịch



Get the green light - get permission for something to happen

Example: I got the green light from my boss to begin the project.

The grass is greener on the other side - people think they would happier if thing were in different

Example: I sometimes think I'd be happier teaching in Spain. Oh well, the grass is always greener on the other side!

Bản dịch



Green with my envy - jealous

Example: She was green with my envy when she saw my new car.  Doc bao 24h           

Once in a blue moon - rarely

Example: We go out once in a blue moon

Bản dịch



In black and white - in writing

Example: It was in the agreement, in black and white

Roll out the red carpet - greet someone hospitably

Example: They rolled out the red carpet for me

Bản dịch

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét